Products of our customers solve real problems:
🤕 save workers on power plants from losing fingers.
🛢 prevent oil spills.
🏭 reduce fuel consumption on facilities to reduce emissions.
We exist to multiply their impact.
Before our customers can do business, their products need to interface with internal systems of their customers, most commonly EAMs - Enterprise AssetManagement systems. Building EAM integrations is hard: one will cost $30k -$500k and take up to 18 months to complete. As integrations are a part of onboarding, they make sales process slow and products expensive, ultimately limiting number of companies that can benefit from them.
Makini builds infrastructure that eliminates the need for individual EAM integrations altogether, and enables connections across systems –all via one, simple API. We make onboardings low-touch and entry price-points low, helping our customers get their products into hands of a much larger number of companies, and do it fast.
We exist to multiply the impact of our customers and take pride in solving complex infrastructure problems to free them up and concentrate on creating value, not building integrations.
You'll be the one helping us achieve this mission. As our Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for proactively pushing deals forward by overcoming technical objections and building solutions around Makini products. You will drive the implementation phase to ensure customers are properly onboarded and solution is implemented and launched. You will also help us put in building blocks of our sales mechanism as our sales function continues to grow. The right candidate can build strong relationships with customers, develop a deep understanding of their technical priorities, motives / key drivers, and consistently operates in a solutions-oriented mindset. We've grown from 5 people to 50 over 2021 while growing ~100% MoM. Now is a great time to join Makini: we’ve hit PMF but are still somewhat small so people who join now still have an outsized impact on the business and the organization.
• Serve as the technical product expert for Makini's most strategic customers and partners throughout the sales process.
• Provide clear technical direction on all aspects of Makini's' products and demonstrate how leveragingMakini can help accomplish customer business and technical objectives.Specifically, design solutions that address customer use cases and share best practices throughout the sales process.
• Build a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets. Generate new leads alongside SalesDevelopment, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select deals in line with strategies.
• Manage RFP process.Structure deals and pricing, negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals.
• Serve as the lead technical point of contact for clients throughout the implementation phase, tracking progress towards key milestones to ensure successful and timely launches.
• Help customers not only with integration, but also finding ways to optimize usage of our products, i.e.what types of rules to create, potential user flows, etc.
• Support ongoing testing efforts by troubleshooting and providing technical insights. Serve as the escalation point for technical incidents.
• Provide input for improvement of the onboarding experience
• Own the post-sales technical strategy and alignment with customers, ensuring our mutual roadmaps are understood and communicated.
• Collect and translate customer feedback into meaningful product insights. Communicate these insights to accurately adjust our product planning and resources.
• Establish and own relationships with every level of technical stakeholder from Engineers to CPOs / CTOs by validating and documenting their technical needs, business objectives, and metrics.
• Successful track record in B2B and account-based sales with customer-first attitude and a strong sense of empathy.
• Experience in negotiation with international customers (NorthAmerica and Europe) and growing customer share of wallet.
• 3 - 5 years of experience in a client-facing and / or technology-focused role where business experience and technical acumen was combined.
• Experience managing technical projects and supporting customer onboarding engagements / implementations of API-based SaaS products.
• Thorough understanding of API's, ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts quickly. Knowledge of web services, APIs, and related standards such as OAuth and REST.
• Excellent project management and communication skills with a strong ability to provide and simplify technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to guide customers through complex or escalated issues.
• Proficiency in sales techniques.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude and growth mindset.
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams, levels of seniority, and influence structure.
• Confident and proactive approach to client management.
• Flexibility in working with distributed teams and dynamic environments.
There are 100 things fighting for our time every day. We always keep the main thing main and optimize for impact.
We move fast, like to be scrappy and hack our way through unless we really have/want to be otherwise.
We often do things we've never done before. Expect to find yourself in a disorganized environment. We expect you to operationalize things once you see a pattern.
Things worth doing are rarely simple. We act out of ambition to build great products, not out of fear of facing challenges while building them.
We are unafraid to be wrong, back proposals we initially opposed, and like to support decisions with numbers and narrative.
Mediocre is not a viable compromise for us and are willing to work hard for it.