Multiply the impact of industrial tech
Products of our customers solve real problems. Whether that’s saving workers on power plants from injuries, preventing oil spills, or reducing fuel consumption of facilities that in turn reduces their emissions.
Before they can do business, their products need to interface with internal systems of their customers. Building one can cost up to ~$500k and take ~18 months to complete. As integrations are a part of onboarding, they make the sales process of our customers slow and their products expensive, which ultimately limits the number of companies that can benefit from them.
Makini provides infrastructure that allows our customers to connect with hundreds of industrial systems all via one single API, eliminating the need for individual integrations altogether. We make onboarding low-touch, low cost, and we can usually deploy our product in a matter of weeks versus months. In a nutshell, we help our customers get their products into the hands of a much larger number of companies, and we do it at lightning speed!
In other words, we exist to multiply the impact of our customers so they can focus on creating value, instead of building complex integrations.
About the role
You’ll be the one helping us achieve this mission. As an Account Executive, you will be on the forefront of growing Makini’s revenue. You will own the full sales cycle and work closely with our SDRs to move qualified leads to closed opportunities. You will also partner with customer success to activate customers effectively and to close new existing business. Now is a great time to join as we have PMF but we're still somewhat small so those who join at this stage still make a foundational difference. In 2022, we’ve grown revenue 3x and are on the path to do another 3x in 2023.
- Identify, develop and close sales opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers within targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute sales strategies.
- Meet or exceed sales targets and contribute to the overall success of the sales team.
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals.
- Track performance and report metrics.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy.
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements.
- Generate new leads alongside Sales Development, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals inline with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics.
- Develop and implement outbound sales and business development activity, and share best practices across the company.
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations.
We are looking for
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and passion for learning in dynamic environments.
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience, with a focus on enterprise sales and technical software products.
- Experience selling APIs and products with an activation phase.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets in B2B sales with international customers, particularly in North America and Europe.
- Experience with account-based sales, and in growing those accounts.
- Experience with sales techniques.
- Experience with CRM software (i.e. Pipedrive) and LinkedIn automation tools.